IMPORTANT WALK FOR WISHES UPDATE
While spring is in the air and we’re all looking forward to upcoming summer walks, this year is certainly different. Given concerns about COVID-19 and the importance of our community’s health and well-being, we have made the decision to cancel the in-person Walk For Wishes Twin Cities scheduled for Saturday, June 6.
Making this change to Walk For Wishes was challenging as our staff and Board balance the importance of our community’s health and well-being with hosting an event that raises crucial funds to support of our life-changing work. Ultimately, we have made this decision to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved.
As always, we remain committed to our vision of granting the wish of every eligible child fighting a critical illness in Minnesota. Due to important travel bans, more than 62 Minnesota wishes have been put on hold or postponed and another 258 wishes are pending across the state.
More wishes are waiting, so your support means more now than ever. Won’t you please fundraise to support our wish kids? Here are two easy ways you can help:
- Make a contribution today. Your financial assistance is needed now more than ever as we face unprecedented costs associated with postponed wishes and a decrease in fundraising revenue.
Click here to make a gift today
- Be an Ambassador Fundraiser
- As an Ambassador, you can share messages of hope with your family and friends and request they contribute to our cause through your personal fundraising page. Your endorsement is very motivating to friends who may not know about our needs and helps raise critical funds for granting wishes!
- If you have already set up a fundraising page for Walk For Wishes, thank you! We invite you to keep going with your fundraising efforts! Your gifts will continue to fund wishes through support of our Wishes Are Waiting fund.
- If you don’t have a fundraising page, click here to learn more about how to create your personal page today.
- Don’t forget to share why you are supporting Make-A-Wish with your friends and family via email and social media to ask for their support. Make it personal to make it powerful!
While we cannot all gather in one place for this year’s Walk, we ask that you still participate individually! Take the opportunity to join Walk For Wishes with your “Stay Home Minnesota” family when you walk in your neighborhood or a park near you. It’s a great opportunity to raise money for Make-A-Wish with your “Stay Home Minnesota” family. We still need your support for wishes.
We are here for you and are so appreciative of your continued support. While we may not gather together in person this year, we can still join to support Minnesota’s wish kids! #WalkForWishesMinnesota #TogetherApartforWishes.
If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Wiesneth at firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 767-2764.
On behalf of Make-A-Wish® Minnesota, we thank you for your continued support!