10-20 hours per week from January to May
The Volunteer Services Intern provides essential support to the Volunteer Department by assisting with recruitment, onboarding, training, engagement, support, and recognition of 600+ volunteers state-wide. This position is focused on learning all aspects of volunteer programming as well as gaining hands-on experience working directly with our program volunteers and behind the scenes. This is great internship for anyone interested in learning more about volunteer programming, social services or generally working in a non-profit organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Recruitment: Assist with the creation and implementation of multiple volunteer recruitment projects. We recruit volunteers throughout the state of MN providing both in person and virtual training. We also work with volunteers at many events including our annual Wish Ball Gala.
- Onboarding: Conduct new volunteer interviews to best determine volunteer’s interest and best volunteer role. Assist with maintaining accurate paper and electronic records. Prepare and distribute volunteer badges and t-shirts
- Training: Participate in our Virtual Wish Granter Training. Provide support to the creation of new trainings and webinars.
- Engagement: Work to strengthen and deepen volunteer satisfaction and engagement by researching our volunteer roles and providing feedback for our Volunteer Engagement and Recognition plan work.
- Support: Take part in volunteer support activities including in-person gatherings, educational videos, written materials, etc.
- Recognition: Assist with the planning and implementation of National Volunteer Week, April 15-21, 2018.
- Provide administrative duties as needed (filing, organizing, etc.) Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Experience with Microsoft Office computer programs
- Strong organizational and
- Phone experience
- Ability to work independently
- Career interest in
- Willing to accept a variety of tasks
- Positive attitude
Training includes an orientation to the organization and the Internship responsibilities, including full-cycle volunteer programing with department staff and volunteers. Raiser’s Edge training will be provided.
Interns will gain direct “hands-on” experience while developing an understanding of the volunteer functions that support a non-profit organization. Interns will also have the opportunity to assist the Foundation in fulfilling its mission of granting wishes to Minnesota children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. References may be supplied on the completion of a successful internship period.