In this role, you will provide valuable and critical support to the Foundation’s development events team, and will execute tasks individually and as part of the team. The core purpose of the Make-A-Wish Foundation Internship Program is to provide a “real-life” work experience for interns.
Special Events Assistance
- To assist with logistics related to Make-A-Wish events e.g. Wish Ball, Wine, Women and Wishes, Walk For Wishes, etc.
- Solicit local businesses for potential donations, as assigned.
- Make calls and emails to supporters.
- Compile and send acknowledgement letters to donors.
- Assist with pick-up of donations and materials, as schedule allows.
- Attend and assist at internal special events, some weekend hours required.
- To attend team meetings and be willing to contribute to other team activities as requested.
- To help accurately maintain the Foundation’s database of members and supporters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, customer relationship, and success in cold calling and recruitment efforts.
- Administrative and computer proficiency including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and solve problems, and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes.
- The ability to manage time and projects with self-direction is critical to this position.
- Proven skills in research, organization, prioritization, time management, and attention to detail.