10 hours per week
Make-A-Wish Minnesota is looking for a detail-oriented self-starter to help research information for communications and development needs. This internship involves using multiple streams of data, the internet, published works and more to compile information. This position will work closely with the Marketing & Communications Associate and the Research & Grants Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Performing research through database and internet searches.
- Making phone calls to families served.
- Writing feature articles and news releases.
- Assisting in a variety of additional communication needs including social media, newsletters and more.
- Interview families served.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience using database systems - Raise's Edge ideal.
- Strong proficiency in both writing and editing.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Resourcefulness, problem-solving skills, ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as a team.
- Experience using multiple streams of information to complete research.
This internship runs from June - August 2017.