Job Type: Unpaid internship
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
In this role, you will provide valuable and critical support to the Foundation’s Development and Events teams, and will execute tasks individually and as part of the team. There may be an opportunity to project manage specific projects for the right candidate. The core purpose of the Make-A-Wish Foundation Internship Program is to provide a “real-life” work experience for interns. In certain situations, administrative- type support may be a critical need.
As a Development and Events intern, you will work with within the Development Department in the following areas:
- Special Events
- External Events
- General Development
- Assist with the development of fundraising and communications materials.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of newsletters and promotional items.
- Assist in writing and editing materials, not limited to: sponsorship collateral, donor recognition, and social media material.
Events & Research
- Manage silent auction items for Wish Ball.
- Assist with logistics related to Make-A-Wish events - e.g. Walk For Wishes, Season of Wishes and Wine, Women & Wishes.
- Undertake specific research projects to introduce new supporters to the Foundation.
- Maintain project managing spreadsheet(s).
- Undertake lapsed donor communication project.
- To attend team meetings and be willing to contribute to other team activities as requested.
- To help accurately maintain the Foundation’s database of members and supporters.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, customer relationship, and success in cold calling and recruitment efforts.
- Administrative and computer proficiency including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of marketing and campaign principles.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and solve problems, and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes.
- The ability to manage time and projects with self-direction is critical to this position.
- Proven skills in research, organization, prioritization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Communications and Marketing majors preferred.
- Previous marketing, fundraising, or events experience preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.