15-20 hours per week
This internship will provide key work experience in graphic design, marketing, and communications working as part of an in-house design team at a nonprofit organization. This internship offers the opportunity to build a client-based portfolio while working in an active, upbeat organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Concept to print/distribution process including design, layout, photo editing, copy-editing and research of printing and distribution methods
- Help write content for brochures, annual reports, newsletters and other materials as assigned.
- Coordinate regularly-scheduled photo shoots
- Prepare artwork files for print
- Perform marketing research and general administrative tasks as needed.
- Internships are open to college juniors and seniors or recent graduates majoring in an appropriate field
- Experience or coursework of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) or similar graphic design program required
- Strong proficiency in both writing and editing. Excellent design skills with a strong focus on typography and layout
- Must show a portfolio of previous applicable graphic design work
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience/strong interest in writing and editing copy for marketing materials
- Resourcefulness, problem-solving skills, ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as a team is vital
- Experience in using the Internet to conduct research
- Interest in philanthropy and/or nonprofit administration
Prefer a six-month commitment