The Annual Giving Officer is charged with increasing philanthropy by leveraging data, industry best practice and creativity to educate and inspire our donors through their annual and campaign giving. It is a collaborative position on the development team and reports directly to the Director of Development.
- Develop and execute annual fund strategy, plans and tactics.
- Set participation goals to meet estimated Annual Giving goals in conjunction with Director of Development and CEO.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects with annual giving ranges of $1,000 to $4,999 and other prospects as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with the Philanthropic Partnership Relationship Officer to implement and manage the stewardship plan for all annual donor levels.
- Oversee all annual campaigns including:
- Working closely with communications on all direct mail
- Segmenting campaigns using all appropriate data available
- Tracking effectiveness of each campaigns
- Monitor and analyze progress towards the Annual Fund goal, tweaking the strategy as needed.
- Conduct a yearly planning assessment of annual donor giving including gift acquisition, retention, cultivation activities and stewardship.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the liberal arts.
- A minimum of three years fundraising experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative communications and events that motivate people to action - marketing, social media, parties, give always, etc.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and appropriate thoroughness.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects, set priorities, and follow through on both long- term and short-term projects, and meet deadlines.
- Access to own transportation and the ability to travel and provide staff support for evening and weekend events.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office tools, particularly Excel and Word.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exhibit good judgment.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to last-minute requests.
- Display a willingness to acquire new skills and take on new projects.
- Annual Fund Experience
- Campaign Experience
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge database system
- Sales, Marketing and/or Communications Experience